Matt Jones is the editor of the Hawgs Sports Network. He is a member of the Football Writers Association of America and National Collegiate Baseball Writers Association, and voter for the Heisman Trophy. He has a bachelor's and master's degree in journalism from the University of Arkansas.
Highlights of Sam Pittman's Florida recap, lookahead to LSU
Arkansas head coach Sam Pittman looks on after a call during the first half of an NCAA college football game against Texas A&M on Saturday, Oct. 31, 2020, in College Station, Texas. (AP Photo/Sam Craft)
• Pittman said De'Vion Warren is out for the season with an ACL injury. "I hate it for him, but he has a good attitude about it. I feel terrible it happened."
• Hudson Henry will be back at practice, but Pittman said his status for the LSU game is unknown.
• Blake Kern and Joe Foucha are both "fine" after suffering injuries at Florida.
• Pittman called LSU big, physical and young. He said the Tigers can cause problems on offense. He said LSU is "more simplified" along the defensive line this year than last year. "They're very talented and have a lot of team speed....Certainly have a lot of problems that we've got to fix before they get here on Saturday."
• Pittman said he is in wait-and-see mode on Beaux Limmer and Noah Gatlin. He hopes to get both, but at least one (didn't say who) back for the LSU game.
• Pittman said is on track to return to the team facility Wednesday. He said he feels good. He is talking with media via Zoom from his home.
• Pittman said Trey Knox and Tyson Morris will step in at receiver with De'Vion Warren out. Darin Turner could also get some more playing time due to the injury. Pittman said his development has been affected some by quarantine.
• He said watching the game from his home was difficult. "I just missed being around the guys. When they went for it on fourth-and-1 around the 50, I'd have gone for it, too, even though it wasn't a successful play." He said he thought the other coaches did a good job during the game.
• Pittman said he thinks "a lot" of Ed Orgeron and the success he has had at LSU. "I told him I believe he gave us non-coordinators a chance...and he made it easier for ADs to hire non-coordinators as head coaches. He proved it can be done because he was a D-line coach for most of his life."
• Pittman said Treylon Burks needs to be more targeted more in games, but he has to be a better practice player that will help him in games.
• Pittman said defensive back Devin Bush is battling a shoulder injury that has kept him off the field.
• Pittman said Hayden Henry "got dinged up a little bit" which led to Andrew Parker playing more at Florida. Pittman said he thinks Henry will be able to play against LSU on Saturday.
Have a comment on this story? Join the discussion or start a new one on the Forums.